To set up your email account in Outlook 2007, follow these steps carefully:
- Start Outlook.
- On the Tools menu, click Account Settings.
- Click New.
- Click Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP, and then click Next.
- In the Auto Account Setup dialog box, click to select the Manually configure server settings or additional server types check box, and then click Next.
- Click Internet E-Mail, and then click Next.
- In the Server Information section, select IMAP for Account Type.
- In the Your Name box, enter your name exactly as you want it to appear to recipients.
- In the E-mail Address box, type your e-mail address.
- In the User Name box, type your account name — this would be your whole email address, including your domain.
- In the Password box, type your password. Remember: passwords are case-sensitive.
- In the Incoming mail server box, type the name of your IMAP server — in this case, it would be mail.yourdomain.com.
Click “More settings…”
In the “Outgoing server” tab, make sure that the “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication” checkbox is selected. Use the same settings as your incoming mail server.
Close the dialog, then test your connection — a window will appear saying that all the test completed successfuly. If not, please check your settings and try again.